Monday, October 11, 2010

All natural?

Is wearing makeup clogging my pores and ageing my skin faster? If I want good skin, should I stop wearing makeup?

First of all, I have bad news. Pores are so easily clogged. Most people have clogged pores. There I said it. Sorry. I do have good news though! Keep reading.

With or without makeup, walk outside for a few minutes on a busy street... then you probably have clogged pores. With all the polution and dirt, it's almost impossible to not to have a problem.

Good news: Certain types of makeup can/could clog your pores. Usually if you go with mineral makeup, or a nicer brand you are Ok. ALTHOUGH if you use a higher end makeup, but don't wash you face at night, then it will most definitely age your skin faster and clog your pores.

Makeup brands I really like: Glow minerals. Aveda. Clinique.

Lots of people use Mac. I personally feel like it's too heavy for my liking. As long as you are washing your face at night, then Mac is OK too.

So my advice is, find a nice brand of makeup, wash your face every night and try not to wear makeup a lot. If you can go with a clean slate, then go for it! I rarely wear makeup (usually out of laziness) but I do find that if I wear makeup a ton, then my skin feels like it's dirty.

So there you have it. Take it or leave it. (But I suggest you take it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment